Skip to content

Programs : Brochure

This page is the brochure for your selected program. You can view the provided information for this program on this page and click on the available buttons for additional options.
  • Locations: Burlington, Vermont, United States;
  • Program Terms: Academic Year, Calendar Year, Fall, Spring
  • Homepage: Click to visit
  • Restrictions: AUS applicants only
  • Courses Offered
Dates / Deadlines:
Dates / Deadlines:
Term Year App Deadline Decision Date Start Date End Date
Academic Year 2021-2022 21-NOV-2020 ** Rolling Admission TBA TBA
Fall 2021 21-NOV-2020 ** Rolling Admission TBA TBA

** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Fact Sheet:
Fact Sheet:
Class Eligibility: 03 Junior, 04 Senior, 05 Graduate Minimum GPA: 2.5
Area of Study: Accounting, Art, Biology, Business Administration, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Economics, Electrical Engineering, English Language and Literature, Environmental Sciences, Film, Finance, History, International Studies, Management, Marketing, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Music, Physics, Theatre Language of Instruction: English
Program Description:
Univ Vermont 5
Univ Vermont 1
Univ Vermont 7
  University of Vermont:
The University of Vermont’s academic program combines faculty-student relationships most commonly found in a small liberal arts college with the resources of a major research institution. The university is home to 10,081 undergraduates, 1,360 graduate students, 457 medical students and 1,556 full- and part-time faculty. 

The University of Vermont (UVM) is located in beautiful Burlington, Vermont, America’s #1 College Town for both travel and leisure. Burlington is scenically located on the shore of Lake Champlain.
Sophomores encouraged to apply; must have at least 60 credits by program start date
Must not be in graduating semester (last semester).
Must have at least a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above. 

Length of Stay:
One or two semesters.
Program Fees and Costs:
Exchange students pay AUS tuition fees for the full course load (12-16 credits). Any additional costs including housing, lab fees, meal plans, books and insurance will be paid directly to the host university.
Exchange students are expected to live in UVM residence halls. Costs vary by exchange agreement, and students should consult their home institutions to understand what is covered at UVM. If you have any special housing or meal needs, you should notify the OIE when you accept your placement. Exchange students need to complete a Housing and Meal Plan Contract with the Office of Residential Life. Visit to learn more about your housing options and https://uvmdining. for more information about dining plans is available from UVM Dining Services. Students will not be notified about housing placements until one or two weeks before arrival.
Students must apply to the US Embassy/Consulate to obtain their J1 Exchange Visitor Visa. They must make an appointment and follow up with the required documentation, such as the letter of acceptance and bank statement. See and https://ceac.state.gove/ceac for complete information on Visa application process.
Health Insurance:
All exchange students must have valid health insurance coverage during their stay abroad.  In order to ensure that all international students meet health insurance requirements, effective Fall 2019, all international students similar to US students must have health insurance plans with a US carrier who meets minimum coverage requirements to ensure compliance and avoid students facing major financial and health hardships because of inadequate coverage.

Since the passage of the Affordable Care Act in 2010, US-based insurance plans are required to provide coverage for pre-existing medical conditions, provide coverage for essential health benefits (including emergency care, mental and substance abuse treatment, preventative care, and laboratory services), along with banning annual and lifetime coverage caps. However, policies purchased by international students do not always carry these mandates. These international plans frequently exclude routine care, mental health, and substance abuse treatment and only provide coverage for emergency situations. Students from certain countries cannot obtain policies that include mental health and substance abuse treatment since this type of treatment is illegal in their home country. Additionally, some international plans require students to pay out of pocket for healthcare costs and then submit receipts for reimbursement since the carriers do not have a claims mailing address in the United States. Many students also submit waivers with insurance from their home country which does not provide coverage in the US.

UVM’s Grossman School of Business is AACSB-accredited. Students are encouraged to take their general education (humanities, etc.), free electives and Business electives (MJR or MIN electives). Students can take major or required courses during their study abroad semester after getting the approval from SBA at AUS. For more information on the courses please visit:

Students may register for any CAS courses. However, some courses may have certain restrictions. Be sure to contact the host university for further information on whether or not a course may be restricted to you.

The following engineering programs at UVM have ABET-Accreditation: Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering.

Students must fill out the AUS course permission form to get their courses approved by the Associate Dean of their school and the Registrar. Upon approval, students students will also be informed the grades required to transfer credits. Students must achieve the minimum grade as indicated on the form in order to receive course credit (requirements for credit transfer vary by program). Each study abroad case is subject to approval.
Financial Grant:
AUS students on grants/scholarships must obtain approval from the Office of Financial Grants and Scholarships before starting a semester abroad at a host university. In cases where the AUS student pays tuition directly to AUS for study abroad, the student will continue to use their AUS grants and AUS-funded scholarships for that semester abroad. These students should speak with the Financial Grants and Scholarship Manager for more information. Students sponsored by an organization outside of AUS are responsible for making arrangements with their sponsor.