Skip to content

Programs : Brochure

This page is the brochure for your selected program. You can view the provided information for this program on this page and click on the available buttons for additional options.
  • Locations: Victoria, Canada
  • Program Terms: Academic Year, Fall, Spring
  • Homepage: Click to visit
  • Restrictions: AUS applicants only
  • Courses Offered
  • This program is currently not accepting applications.
Dates / Deadlines:

There are currently no spaces left for this program or there are no active application cycles for this program.
Fact Sheet:
Fact Sheet:
Class Eligibility: 03 Junior, 04 Senior Minimum GPA: 2.5
Area of Study: Business Administration Language of Instruction: English
Program Description:
Univ of Victoria 1
Univ of Victoria 2
Univ of Victoria 3
Learn more about the University of Victoria
University of Victoria Advising Sheet

University of Victoria:
The University of Victoria offers innovative programs for more than 20,000 students. It practices dynamic, hands-on learning, research that makes a vital impact, and discovery and innovation in Canada’s most extraordinary academic environment provide an edge that can’t be found anywhere else. 
Victoria, Canada
Sophomores encouraged to apply; must have at least 60 credits by program start date; seniors may not go in last semester
Must not be in graduating semester (last semester).
Must have at least a cumulative GPA 2.5 of or above. 

Both fall and spring semesters have one application deadline. Apply to AUS's Office of International Exchange Programs (IXO) latest by the 1st Saturday of December.

Length of Stay:
One or two semesters.
Program Fees and Costs:
Exchange students pay AUS tuition fees for the full course load (12-16 credits) in addition to Student Activities fees. Any additional costs including housing, lab fees, meal plans, books and insurance will be paid directly to the host university.

Homestay is available to all students. Homestay (room & board) is an excellent way for students to improve their English and experience Canadian living. With homestay, students will be matched with a Canadian host who has been carefully selected for his/her ability to provide a safe, comfortable, and friendly home. The family will provide a private room and food up to CDN$800 per month. There is also a one time $250 placement fee. To apply, please visit:

Others may prefer on-campus residence (room & access to cafeteria). Peter B. Gustavson School of Business is allotted 30 single rooms in Residence. Therefore rooms will be assigned on a first come, first serve basis as the applications and deposits are received. The residence location is convenient and all campus facilities can be  reached within ten minutes by foot. To apply and find out more information please visit If assigned a room, students can make arrangements to move in prior to the Exchange Orientation.

Off-Campus Housing
Exchange students can also search for accommodation independently. In such instances, students are responsible for undertaking the search process and making food arrangements. Please visit for more information. Most accommodation will be available the 1st of September, but some may be available immediately
Study Permit
REQUIRED: if you will be staying for two terms and/or will participate in the Business Co-op program.
RECOMMENDED: for any students for greater flexibility.

Entry Visa (Temporary Resident Visa)
Students from certain countries are required to obtain this visa IN ADDITION to a study permit. Please make sure to apply for “multi-entry” visa instead of “single-entry”. This allows students to leave and enter Canada many times during your stay. Check with the Canadian Embassy to enquire if a visa is needed to study in Canada. If so, to apply, students will need to have the following:
  • the admission letter sent by the University of Victoria
  • proof of funds
  • a return ticket
  • a valid passport
Please visit: https://www.canadainternational. for complete information on the Visa application process
Health Insurance:
  1. AON UVic International Students Medical Insurance Program (PRIVATE):
  2. British Columbia Medical Services Plan (PUBLIC):
Medical coverage is compulsory for any international students in Canada. What type of medical insurance is required? It depends on your length of stay. Please read the following section carefully.

If staying for ONE term (4 months), it is recommended to purchase private health insurance in the students home country. The coverage should be equivalent to the one offered by the British Columbia Medical Services Plan (refer to the BC MSP website). If you are unable to find any insurance plan equivalent to the BC MSP, AON, UVic’s designated private insurance company, offers a special insurance plan for shortterm international students. Please apply BEFORE arrival in Canada.

If staying for TWO terms, students may choose to apply for the BC MSP, which will cost approximately $60 per month. The MSP application must be submitted UPON arrival in Canada and coverage will begin 3 months after the application is submitted. It is important to purchase a private insurance plan for the 3 month waiting period. Also students can choose to stay in a private insurance plan for the entire stay. Either way, it is important to ensure coverage by a medical insurance plan from the moment of entry in Canada until the day of departure.
Exchange students can take from three to five courses depending on their academic comfort level. Students are not normally able to register in Engineering, Law, or Medicine.

Registration of courses is only done after acceptance into the program. At UVic, students must select courses and register for them online well before the start of term. An admission letter does not guarantee entry to particular courses, so students should register as soon as they are eligible. Most courses fill quickly so students who register after their assigned registration date will have fewer course options. For more information, visit:

A normal course work load for Canadian students is five courses (7.5 units). Exchange students can take from three to five courses depending on their academic comfort level. Course outlines are sent to partner universities in February each year. There are two courses specially designed for and offered to exchange students:
  • COM 206: Business English (1.5 units). Business English is designed to support the study of other course material and to enhance the transition to regular business courses offered by Peter B. Gustavson School of Business and UVic. Students in the course will be given opportunities to develop their speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills under the guidance of a highly trained instructor experienced in teaching English as a second language. Students with a TOEFL score of less than 575 are required to enroll in this course.
  • COM 390/290: An Introduction to the Canadian Business Environment (1.5 Units). The purpose of this course is to introduce exchange students to the practical realities of doing business in Canada, with Canadians. The course will cover a broad range of topics including an overview of the social, political, and economic environments of Canada. Students with an excellent command of English will be permitted to enrol in the regular business courses offered by Peter B. Gustavson School of Business if they meet the prerequisites.
UVic’s College of Business is AACSB-accredited. As a business exchange student you must be registered Last revised: March 2019 Last revised: March 2019 in a minimum of 3 business courses. UVic cannot guarantee registration into non-business courses, only business courses. The availability of courses is dependent on whether a student has the proper prerequisite courses.

There are limited courses in the Faculty of Fine Arts that are open to exchange, so be sure to check the UVic Calendar website:

CEN or CAAD majors could take general education and elective courses at this host destination.
Students must fill out the AUS course permission form to get their courses approved by the Associate Dean of their school and the Registrar. Upon approval, students students will also be informed the grades required to transfer credits. Students must achieve the minimum grade as indicated on the form in order to receive course credit (requirements for credit transfer vary by program). Each study abroad case is subject to approval.
Financial Grant:
AUS students on grants/scholarships must obtain approval from the Office of Financial Grants and Scholarships before starting a semester abroad at a host university. In cases where the AUS student pays tuition directly to AUS for study abroad, the student will continue to use their AUS grants and AUS-funded scholarships for that semester abroad. These students should speak with the Financial Grants and Scholarship Manager for more information. Students sponsored by an organization outside of AUS are responsible for making arrangements with their sponsor.

This program is currently not accepting applications.